The Bernardston Agricultural Commission
Our roots are in agriculture!
The mission of the Bernardston Agricultural Commission (AgCom) is to protect agricultural lands, preserve rural character, provide a voice for farmers, and encourage agricultural based businesses. The AgCom is a standing committee of town government, created through a vote of Town Meeting and appointed by the Board of Selectmen.
*Photos courtesy of Annette Mackin and Paul Bocko
- Advocating for farmers, farm businesses and farm interests.
- Providing visibility for farming.
- Coordinating the weekly Bernardston Farmers Market June to October.
- Collaborating with other town boards about issues facing the town that affect agriculture.
- Helping resolve farm related problems or conflicts.
- Protecting farmland and natural resources.
Bernardston AgCom Members:
Wendy Abramson, Chair, Paul Bocko, David Durprey, Gloria Meluleni.